6.21.2015

SUMMER SERIES | SUMMER NEEDS FOR: A GIRL'S MAKEUP DRAWER

Ramadan Kareem everyone! I hope you all have a blessed month full of Arabic food goodness with lovely company and just being happy.

When you're hot,sweaty and sticky, you would't want layers of heavy makeup on your face just sitting there drowning in sweat, so I always go for light makeup that'll make me look somewhat fresh and dewy (okay mind blown here, how is a word that is read as jewy spelled as dewy?) look. Here are my essentials for that look.





SKIN

-Tinted Moisturizer
Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer




This is honestly by far the best tinted moisturizer I have ever tried. Although it doesn't give much coverage, but it's just so light and refreshing on the skin. And for bad skin days, this is totally build able but I wouldn't recommend putting more than 2 or 3 layers.



-Concealer 
YSL Anti Crenes Concealer 




This concealer is the bomb when it comes to brighting and covering your horrid black circles. I mean my god this has been such a saver specially when I had finals (I obviously didn't wear it to school because why even bother but when I went out I didn't want to scare people). I used this under my eyes, around my nose where there's a bit of redness and to cover the discoloration around my lips.


-Highlighters
Liquid: Mac's Prep and Prime
Stick: Benefit's What's up! 
Powder: CT Contouring Kit





All of these highlighters are amazing, but I usually go for the stick highlighter which is the benefit one because I feel like this gives the most sheen to your face but it kind of fades away after a while (like all other highlighters do) which I really hate but it is what it is.


-Blush
Estee Lauder Blush in Hot Sienna 
Blushes just give your face that flushed look that I just can't seem to get when I'm actually in the sun, so this lovely nude color gives such a beautiful sun-kissed look that we're all aspiring for.



-Contour
CT Contour Kit
As I mentioned before, I'm not a big fan of heavy make up as an every day makeup look, and that heavy make up includes contouring, but it's mainly because I just suck at it. But, I have came across this beautiful palette which I just can't get over this. I only contour the hallows of my cheeks and i use what's left on the brush as bronzer.


EYES

Eyeshadow
CT Quad in Dolce Vita
Urban Decay's Naked 1 palette 







I always go for nudes on the eyes, but I have risked and ordered a quad that has lovely deep reds which I was too scared to try, but my god they're just beautiful. They add so much definition and depth to the eye. Also the naked palette does have beautiful shimmery color that are perfect for an everyday look. 

Eyeliner
Liquid eyeliner: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Black

Smudgable Kohl Pencil: Loreal's coolor riche Kohl eyeliner in 102 Pure Espresso 




Defining my eyes is such an essential for me a I have big round eyes, but in summer I tend to
wear brown eyeliner and I smudge it, so a creamy eyeliner should be what you're going for, but 
if you're a winged eyeliner fanatic, I recommend the Stila one because it is super long lasting 
and it won't budge at all. I even find it hard to remove when I wash my face, yup, it's that long 
lasting. 

Mascara

To be honest, everone's eyelashes are different, so I really can't recommend any mascaras since i'm
100% it won't work for most of you guys.

LIPS
Mac in Spice 
Mac in Brick-ola  




I'm honestly crazy about nude in summer, as it just locks the look you're going for, wither it was simple
or full makeup.

Eyebrows



As eyebrows are the key to define your face, you need a good product to define them, but as people's 
opinions vary, some like powder, some like gel and some like liquid pens, i tend to go with gel and set it 
with powder.

Luma x 





No comments:

Post a Comment