3.14.2015

My MUN Experience

So as you guys have noticed i haven't posted for 2 weeks and I have an explanation for that.
 So there's this thing in my school called MUN, which is basically a school version of the Model United Nations.In my school its viral.






You get to participate if you're a freshman and up and when you reach senior year, you get to be chair, admin or if you're that good, you get to be the SG. Anyways, I have set my mind since 8th grade to participate in this thing since each year I see all the older people dress up and take a ton of pictures. Freshman year (this year) came up and I was the first to sign up. First thing I noticed is no one is taking anything seriously. Since the begging of the year, the school was telling everyone that if you guys want to sign up you can go ahead and fill in all the shit related, and as expected, not a lot did that, until before the deadline which was like after 2 months. Basically half of the school signed up. Anyways, we had meetings after school in which we discussed basically nothing. The first couple of meetings were basically pointless but after a while stuff started getting serious, they put us in our committees and set the countries. in February, they finally started telling us to begin on our speeches and papers which sucked. all of the deadlines were basically a day apart, and as a freshman, i had no idea where the hell was I and what the hell I was supposed to do, but my chairs were kind enough to help me with what they could do which wasn't a lot. I was stressing out way too much on nothing as usual. I finished everything and sent everything on time, and as usual no one did anything on time, and they didn't even talk to them which was quite weird. Anyways, the conference  came and I was stressing out a lot, because I'm not used to talking to people and stepping up to defend the country i'm given. But after a while, I did not give a shit. Older people will always make fun of you, no matter who you are and what you're wearing , you just have to stand up, shut them up and raise your head high. Which is why I will be signing up next year to this thing. I mean my god have I changed in these 3 days. I know it's not much, but I have learnt to stand up for whats mine and i stood up in front of anyone that made fun of me. I'm not as shy anymore and I'm learning to actually socialize.
Thank god that the people in my committee were super nice( I was GA by the way), even the guys. They helped me and all my of my freshman friends a lot. And i'm not saying that there wasn't some assholes there, of course there was, but the good people were more than the assholes.
 There wasn't much to take pictures of, but I managed to snap a few pictures here and there.

DAY 1: 

Opening Ceremony / Opening Speeches 



Blazer: Massimo Dutti
Knit Sweater: Massimo Dutti
Pants: Zara
Booties: Zara

DAY 2:

First Session, Topic 1


Jacket: Massimo Dutti
Blouse: Massimo Dutti
Pants: Zara
Boots: Zara
Fossil Watch 

DAY 3:

Second Session / Subject 2 




Trench Coat: Vero Moda
Shirt: Zara
Pants: -
Booties: Zara
Belt: Mango
Bag: Michael Kors 


Lips: Mac's Media
Swarovski Pearl Earrings  


Gala Dinner





Coat: Zara
Jumpsuit: DKNY
Heels: Payless
Michael Kors Bag
Fossil Watch 


Lips: Mac's Diva + Revlon's Red Velvet Butter Stick


I actually hated the way i looked in day 1 and 2, but I think everyone in freshman year takes a bad fashion choice. Plus,I think my outfit looked quiet nice in day 3 and the gala dinner. All in all, if your school has MUN, go for it. It's gonna be a challenge, but trust me, it will be one of the most amazing yet terrifying experiences in your whole high school life. 

Luma x 


No comments:

Post a Comment